Narrating the correlation of elephants as related to their import, groupings, breeding and transfers,
along with other elephant related topics.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Photographs From the Son - St. Louis Zoo 2011 I

The following photographs were taken on December 26, 2011, a day preceding the St. Louis Zoo's breeding bull Raja's 19th birthday.

Raja, St. Louis Zoo, 12/2011
Courtesy of R Easley

I grew up in many elephant barns across the country, but none as often as the former St. Louis elephant compound. Christmas morning 1992, my brothers and I awoke to find Santa had brought our presents in black trash bags, easily transportable so we could spend Christmas with my father at the zoo. He had been on birth watch for several months prior awaiting Pearl's impending calf, who would later arrive two days after Christmas. With the birth of my sister two months following, it was a busy winter for the family, but I was the hit of the Kindergarten field trip to the zoo when we visited the newborn calf.

Raja, St. Louis Zoo, 12/2011
Courtesy of R Easley

Raja, St. Louis Zoo, 12/2011
Courtesy of R Easley


For related ShowMe Elephants articles regarding the St. Louis Zoo:
>> "St. Louis Zoo" at ShowMe Elephants

>> "Raja celebrates 19th birthday at the St. Louis Zoo," KMOV.com, 12/27/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

I eagerly anticipate associating with new individuals with an interest or history in elephants, elephant history and elephant record keeping. If you have further information regarding the animals or locations questioned in the article, please leave a comment or message me in an effort to complete their records for elephant historians.